May 27, 2008

Gingham Skies

I'm finally taking time to play with my camera. This was a bit of an oops shot I snagged while testing out the built in colour filters on my Canon. Big fluffy clouds in a crisp blue sky were screaming to be photographed... the screen door ended up lending a hand by adding some fantastic texture.

Gingham Sky


Of course I ran it through Photoshop to defog - thank you Stacy, such a simple step that makes a world of difference for even the best SOOC shots - and I played with the contrast a little but that was it. I like it: blue, gingham and clouds are three things that make me smile, mix them together and you've got one happy girl on your hands.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the title of your photo. Very artsy. It would make a good band name...

Anonymous said...

Amazing photo - LOVE it ... MM

Anonymous said...

Well starting a band isn't on my To Do list but selling bags is. Gingham Sky Designs. Hmmm...

Thanks MM! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool - I love how you used your screen door to add texture. Creative!