November 19, 2007

Gotcha!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!! That's how it should be spelt, not just Wii. Two teeny tiny 'i's do not do it justice. Let me explain.

Mike's birthday is quickly approaching (one week from today) and for the first time ever I broke down and gave him his birthday gift early. The only satisfaction I received from doing this was in the delivery. Miguel was in his lair working on music when I decided I couldn't wait any longer - he had to open the gift early because Walmart wasn't going to allow me to return it after the 20th if it had been opened (30 day return policy) - so down I went with gift in hand. I stopped just outside the door of his studio and stuck my head inside so he saw my bean but not the gift. With a very serious expression on my face, so serious in fact that he actually turned the music off before I opened my mouth, I explained: "I have to do this. It's going against all of my morals but it must be done, I'll explain why after..." I must have sounded pretty damn serious because mike looked worried, really worried, like 'oh my god what has she done' or 'what have i done' or 'what is about to be done' type of worried. HA! I rarely manage to frighten my husband and maybe I'm a cruel woman but there is some satisfaction in scaring my husband for just a brief moment in time.

Then I handed him his birthday present and he opened it up and was THRILLED! Wiiiiiii! My legs and arms hurt from bowling and let me tell you, I think I have found my calling, I need to find myself a bowling league. I'm not a big video game girl but the nintendo Wii is a swiiiiiiiit device.

Total change of subject
I'm stoked that I finally took myself to the doctor two weeks ago, the test results came back and I now know what my problem is, it's not 'just stress' or 'just overdoing it', I have a vitamin B12 deficiency!! Yay! Something that can be easily fixed. I started taking 1000 mcg per day of B12 on Friday and I am starting to feel better already! Is it partially pschosomatic? Maybe but that's okay with me, as long as I'm not ko'd on the couch at 9pm I'll be a happy and productive girl.

My uplift in mood might also have something to do with the fact that I chopped off my hair and dyed it black friday afternoon. I've been feeling so blah lately that I figured a change in appearance might help a girl out (the brown just wasn't doing it for me) and it worked! My fab stylist did an amazing job, I heart my new do!

Finally, pilates, i forgot to post last week. I went and it was fantastic! I think I've found my 'thing' I really love going, my body feels good after a session and the instructor is just phenomenal. She asked me last week if I've done pilates before and told me she assumed I had - I haven't!! I can DO this and I look and feel like I actually should be doing it - unlike volleyball or soccer which I've played in recent years and let me tell you it's not pretty to watch.

Hmmm I wonder if I can count playing with the Wii as exercise? Why not?!

No comments: