August 8, 2007

Tastes Like Honey Baked Chicken

EC the cat has spent 50% of today meowing her head off because she is a very spoiled pussy cat who doesn't like being locked out of rooms she believes to be her own. These "rooms" include the front porch and back patio; she seems to easily forget that she is an indoors only feline. I finally had enough and decided to make Honey Baked Kitty for dinner.

In all seriousness I picked a recipe off of one of my favorite recipe sites Allrecipes.com based on the ingredients I have in the house and honestly didn't think it was going to be all that great. Much to my surprise not only did I love the finished product but MIKEY LIKES IT too! Finding a new delicious recipe to add to my collection of things to make for dinner that both Mike and I like is always a reason for celebration. Excellent excuse to pour myself a glass of wine... like I ever need an excuse.

The food shot is certainly not award winning but you get the picture (no pun intended).



Honey Baked Chicken
(original recipe from Allrecipes, mine is a modified version with less fat and more punch)
Serves 2
Ingredients
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • soy sauce (few splashes)
Directions
  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F
  2. Place chicken breasts in shallow baking pan. Combine the melted butter or margarine, honey, mustard, salt, curry powder, red pepper flakes and soy sauce and pour the mixture over the chicken.
  3. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes, basting every 10 minutes, until juices run clear.
  4. Serve over rice.

No comments: