September 28, 2009

An Angel Earned His Wings

photo credit: hurleygurley

My heart hurts. I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain my friends are feeling; I learned today that the nine year old son of my friend and colleague passed away peacefully in his sleep early this morning. He was a brave little man who fought long and hard to stay here on earth with his mom and dad, but it was time for him to breathe easy and for the pain to go away. I will miss you so much Hunter... I already do.

5 comments:

Claire Mercado-Obias said...

This is heartbreaking news. Please know I said a prayer for Hunter and for his loving parents.

Gingham Skies said...

Thank you so much Claire. :)

Granny said...

Praying for Hunter's family that Hunter's wings will enfold them and keep they strong. Rest in Peace little Hunter.

tanzi said...

Sending love to Hunter and all who hold him close. You were both lucky to have each other in your lives.

Lois said...

May God bless Hunter's family with compassion and love always but especially more so during this very sad and difficult time.
Hunter will be missed by all who were touched by his presence here on earth. His strength and bravery in overcoming all the difficulties that were part of his life will be an example for all of us to aspire to.
Goodbye Hunter....you will be missed.