November 29, 2008

go Go GO!

Things have been crazy around here for the last few weeks: 8 zillion major assignments and a whole load of lesson plans left me with barely enough time to eat, let alone blog. I'm now officially done all but one of my classes; one more assignment to do and I'll then be finished writing papers until the new year. Yay!

This is a crap picture but it shows you what the state of my sweatshop (named lovingly by Tanya) has been in, in recent weeks. The cat's like, "What the hell is going on in here?"

After this latest stretch of insanity I've come to the conclusion that I need a bean bag chair.

Of course that doesn't mean I'm off the hook for work. I just finished week one of my three weeks of teaching in a grade 5 class and I'm loving it! The kids are funny and really sweet. So far so good with the human body, it's a lot for the little monsters to learn but they're taking it all in stride: two systems down and three to go. I've been getting really great feedback from the classroom teacher and one of my profs came in to observe me last week and had lots of lovely things to say to me which helped boost my confidence. I'm finally feeling confident in my abilities, I can't tell you how good that feels.

An apology to my faithful readers, I've been failing miserably in the posting department lately; I'm going to try to write more often, I promise. Of course the posts will be in between sewing the pile of custom orders through Gingham Skies that I need to get going on and preparing for that little thing called Christmas that is quickly approaching. Argh. I should probably start my Christmas shopping huh?
**note to family: Christmas gift ideas please or tell me to go for it and surprise you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, teaching, school, sweat shop and no time to have daily posts? I can't imagine why!!! You are incredible, lady! LOVE the pic--too perfect! IF only we could train those crazy paws to hold and thread a needle. I'll let you try, since she didn't appreciate my touching her feet last time...

Congrats on the positive feedback with teaching---maybe NOW you'll believe the rest of us???
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

You are one busy gal! Glad to hear the teaching is going so well. I can commiserate with you on the whole sweatshop-frantic-Christmas thing: I make home-made jam and sell it at Spankulife, and people are pestering me for orders...and I haven't even started making the stuff yet! EEK!

PS: I highly recommend the bean bag chair idea. D bought me one for Christmas a few years ago and it rocks. Don't get a leather cover though...it sticks!

Anonymous said...

What is Spankulife? It sounds kinky. Kinky Kimber - how perfect is that? :)
Thanks for the advice on the bean bag - sticking to leather is no fun so I'll go with fabric.

Tanya, I'm planning on training EC to sew in the new year, one trick at a time ya know, "White lightening!!"
p.s. YES I believe you now. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. I haven't been very good at commenting, we've all been sick.
Sorry it's so late.

Anonymous said...

Jaime,
Great blog!
....GO FOR IT....
Mom