March 13, 2010

Upcycling

It was a super productive day: the closet in the nursery is painted and I upcycled an ugly ass bookshelf for the Ninja (which looks surprisingly decent in the before photo but trust me when I say it was beat up pre-upcycle).

This is the ugly ass stage:


And this is the funktified made over shelf:


It took me about an hour to complete this project. I removed the beat up backing and covered it with paper and then applied fabric to the shelves using Mod Podge. I could easily become addicted to covering things with fabulous fabric thanks to this project. I'll post more pics once we get things set up in the nursery.

1 comment:

tanzi said...

Looks super funky, James! I am always impressed by your motivation and energy--and, of course, your creativity. Lucky Ninja indeed!