March 1, 2010

Mmmmm Chocolate Peanut Butter Pork

Big Pink Flying Pig found in Sighfoo's etsy shop

Yum Yum Yum! I've always been a lover of food but since Smidge began growing in my belly my love has grown tenfold. I've managed to keep my eating under control but I thoroughly enjoy every bite of every single thing I eat. People keep asking me what it is I can't stand the taste of now that I'm pregnant and maybe this is weird, but I can't think of anything.

I. Love. Food.

I especially love chocolate peanut butter but Mike says that's nothing new. He says that to give me a hard time but where is he right now? He's off to the store to get his son some Reese peanut butter cups and I will do the baby a favour and eat the cups when they get here so that his craving will be quenched. I'm such a nice mommy and my husband is the best man in the entire world. Seriously. But did I mention I love chocolate with peanut butter?

What does chocolate peanut butter have to do with pork tenderloin? Not a whole hell of a lot but I made a tenderloin last night that tickled the taste buds so I figured I would share the recipe with you.

This Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloin recipe was found at All Recipes.

What You Need
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil (I used 1 tbsp olive oil instead)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 (3/4 pound) pork tenderloin

What You Do
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. In a bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and balsamic vinegar.
3. Place the pork tenderloins in a roasting pan, and roast 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
4. Remove pork from oven, and baste with the honey sauce. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue roasting pork 45 minutes, basting occasionally with the honey sauce, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
5. Eat!

Not chocolate peanut butter but super yummy!!

2 comments:

Lois said...

Sounds good J.
I will have to try it.
Mom

tanzi said...

Eek! I feel sorry for those cute little piggies in the pic--right near a recipe for pork? How cruel!
xxx