April 17, 2009

Unicorn Ralph

About ten years ago a friend of mine named Lisa had a weird dating experience involving unicorns. She had gone out on a few dates with this seemingly normal guy before he took her back to his apartment to 'hang out' one night. She walked into the apartment where he lived alone and was instantly weirded out. There were unicorns EVERYWHERE: statues in the kitchen and living room, posters and cheesy gold framed 80's mirrors featuring unicorns and sunsets hanging on the walls. No doubt the guy had unicorns on his bedsheets too but Lisa didn't stick around long enough to find out. She said it was a total twilight zone experience, she fully expected someone to pop out and yell, "You're on Candid Camera." Unicorns?! Seriously? Weird.

The story was much funnier told over cocktails a couple weeks after it happened, I can still picture my other girlfriends' faces: hilarious.

What's my point? If the guy had displayed kickass unicorns like the ralphing unicorn found on this super cool stationary, maybe my stellar girlfriend wouldn't have ran screaming from his house. His loss.

Nut and Bee has Barfing Unicorns and a tonne of other fab designs for sale, be sure to check them out! Thanks to Love It A Lot for posting the unicorn shot, I forgot this design existed.

4 comments:

tanzi said...

I remember you telling me that story and I still find it hilarious! :) Creepy is right! Or, should we find it endearing and innocent...nah. Creepy.

Suz Broughton said...

LOVE it!

Gingham Skies said...

I'm sticking with creepy. :)

The stationary is sweet isn't it?! Too funny.

Kimber said...

That is frigging hilarious stationary...