February 7, 2011

Mum Mum Mum Mum


Our little Rockstar started saying Mamamamamamamama awhile ago but now he's saying Mummmmm. I know he doesn't know what it means but hearing him yell it over and over again today made my heart smile. I love hearing the word from his sweet little lips - a good thing because I'm going to hear it a zillion times in my lifetime - even the whiney wail muuuuuuummmmm is music to my ears (no doubt the novelty of the whiney version will wear off one day).

I'm hoping Dadadadada is the next big thing around here; he has said it once or twice but hasn't gotten the hang of making the 'd' sound just yet. Mamama, Babababa, Muuuum, and ppppfllllbt (accompanied by bubbles and spit) are his favourite "words" these days. Mike and I swear he said "apple" last week. I asked Mike if he wanted an apple and the Rockstar blurted out "Ab-bul". We both heard it and had equally stunned looks on our faces. Yes that's right, our child's first word was APPLE at 7 months of age. Brilliant.

No comments: