August 31, 2009

32 New Things to Do Before I'm 32

Two of my new fav finds Lovelorn Unicorn & Yes and Yes have inspired me to venture from my regular routine by creating a list of things to do before my next birthday. I've chosen 32 things that I'm fairly certain I will be able to accomplish before February 20th 2010 and I promise to let you know how things go.

Here goes nothing:
1. replace the most hideous light fixture on earth that I complain about every time I look a picture taken in our kitchen
2. learn to embroider
3. Yoga (have tried but it deserves a second chance)
4. complete a triathlon
5. send a secret to Post Secret (thanks Yes and Yes for reminding me of this; it's something I've thought about doing a million and one times)
6. 30 km bike trek
7. keep a diary for a solid two weeks
8. go hiking
9. send one package a month to a faraway friend
10. try Geocaching
11. learn the names and uses of 10 local herbs/wildflowers
12. make curtains
13. paint the basement
14. sew something I can wear
15. paint the hallway
16. yum. make chocolate lava cakes from scratch.
17. play Dance Dance Revolution (I know it's hard to believe but I've never played it)
18. go see a band I've never seen in concert
19. recreate mom's amazing creamy cauliflower dish
20. swim 50 laps (no 20 one day and 30 the next does not count)
21. drive a scooter/vespa
22. make a baby (fingers crossed)
23. go snow tubing (assuming #22 doesn't happen anytime soon)
24. begin and complete Teaching of the Blind Part 1 AQ course
25. make a curried dish from scratch - no bottled curry involved
26. put up outside Christmas lights on the house (mike you'll have to help me out with this one!)
27. take a pole dancing class (it looks like hard work and a good laugh)
28. make a track with Mike
29. go roller skating (it's not entirely new but I haven't been in about 15 years)
30. teach a class all on my lonesome
31. volunteer
32. run a 5km race

Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Sarah Von Bargen said...

What fun! I can't wait to hear all about it!

EterKnity said...

Nice list!!! I've joined the 5km run so we can do that together :)

Let me know when you go roller skating - I'd love to join you!!! I have some blue suede roller skates that I'm just dying to lace up.

Granny said...

Jaime: Hope you get them all done before you succeed with #22 !! #19 will be great for Thanksgiving - hint, hint. Oh - and did I mention that I live really, really far away from you so I probably qualify for #9 :-) .... MM

p.s. Joanne - I have your blue suede roller skates - please feel free to take them from my basement!

Gingham Skies said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Sarah!

Ohhh I have a partner for the run and for rollerskating?! Sweet!

The K in K-W is a city away so it certainly may qualify as 'far away'... you'll just have to wait and see! :)

tanzi said...

I will join you with 5, 10 and 21!
You continue to inspire me, James. Look for me going back to blogging this week.

Great list!!!
xxx

Gingham Skies said...

Ohhh good!! I think you should create your own list and blog about it, Tanya!! :) Be sure to snap pics!

Kimber said...

You are just too cool fer school, missy. Power to ya.

imaginarynetwork.com said...

Cool list! There's so many positive things on it too. And I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've seen "make a baby" on a list.

Gingham Skies said...

Lol! Yes well 'make a baby' should be number one but since you're not supposed to "stress about it" I put it in the middle, this way it appears as if it's not on my mind 24-7. :)