August 4, 2009

I Broke All the Rules

There's nothing like receiving a little something in the mail. My cousin Wendy, aka one of my most favourite women on the face of the earth, has a lovely habit of sending hand written notes through the post, out of the blue. I love it!

The most recent note I received was a sweet little card explaining how the week before when she saw me she had forgotten to give me something that has been saved for me. Tucked inside the note was a folded piece of paper from the Highland Village Museum in Nova Scotia. The Rules of Conduct for Teachers made me laugh, I'm sure I have broken all of these rules in the last month... sigh. It's a good thing I'm looking for a teaching position in 2009 and not 1915.

Thanks for the laugh, Wendy. I'll be sure to share this little treasure with my teacher friends!

No comments: