August 30, 2009

A Mini Menu

Kim was wondering where my weekly menus disappeared to and since it's a new school year starting up next week I figured now is a good time to get back into my groove; plus I'm going grocery shopping today so I need a list. For those of you who aren't interested, avert your eyes.

Sunday: chicken stir fry
Monday: pork chops & wee roasties with corn on the cob
Tuesday: spaghetti & meat sauce
Mike will be on his own for dinner for two days while I visit friends up north so things go basic...
Wednesday: leftovers or not
Thursday: chicken fingers & fries
I'm back and have just two days until my tri!
Friday: salmon on the bar-b & veggies
Saturday: balsamic chicken and rice with a side of grilled veggies

Now I'm hungry and off to eat before I grocery shop because we all know what a bad idea it is to shop with a growling belly.

3 comments:

Pattern and Perspective said...

As of late, with the economic slowdown and the fact that my job pays nill (seriously) -- I've decided even for just my bf and I it is a good idea to list off everything in a menu prior going to the store -- saves money. I agree -- not a good idea to go to store with empty belly -- you'll just stockpile junk food and sugary sweets.

Happy shopping. Great menu.

Gingham Skies said...

Yep that's the same reason I started the lists earlier this year - it makes a big difference when I go shopping and I find we throw out way less rotting food. Probably good to get in the habit now before kids are in the picture. :)

Kimber said...

Yahoo! The yum list is back! Thank you my dear. I will now continue to use you as inspiration for my kitchen perspiration.

Hey, have you ever roasted tomatoes? I did a bunch tonight (because my crazy husband came home with - get this - 12 of them) with garlic and rosemary and they really taste great. I am putting them in a ground beef skillet thingy I'm concocting, but I bet they'd be good in just about anything. Just sayin'.