October 5, 2008

This is my favourtie kitchen tool.


I am just as in love with my KitchenAid mixer today as I was in high school when I first discovered her existence. I know that sounds ridiculous but seriously, I love my mixer.


I remember telling my mom that I wanted a KA as a wedding gift when I was still a teen. There was no groom in sight but I had figured that marriage was a sure fire way of getting my hands on the mixer - don't worry Mike, the mixer wasn't my only reason for marrying you. Sure enough I received a KA of my own as a gift from my mom and a few other family members at my wedding shower. Needless to say I was a very happy bride-to-be. I could go on and on about that yummy bits my mixer has helped me create but I think I've said enough, I'm sure you get my point: I love my KA mixer, she is without a doubt my favourite kitchen tool.

Thanks to Handmaiden for this week's "This is..." theme, an opportunity to brag about one's KitchenAid mixer should always be taken seriously.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo, that IS flashy, and most worthy of being married off for!

hehehe... just kidding ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello fellow-Canadian! Nice to see you doing "This is" too! I'm SOOO jealous of your mixer!!! What a gorgeous item....I've always wanted one!

Anonymous said...

It's no joking matter: totally worth being married off for. ;)

Oh another Canadian This is-er.I'll definitely be stopping by for a peek at your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,

My veggie peeler is "alessi"
http://www.alessi.com

How posh does that sentence sound?! ;)
Actually they were a gift from my sister oh, at least 6 years ago now. But I still see them in kitchen stores from time to time. Maybe you'll find some online somewhere. Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

Super fast response flossy-p! Many thanks for that info, such a sweet peeler - perfect for a certain someone I know and love.

Time to hunt!

Anonymous said...

Um...are you sure this isn't your second favourite tool?

Anonymous said...

dirty dirty girl.