December 21, 2009

Appetizer mmmmms

A super easy and delicious recipe that I should have posted ages ago but never got around to. I've had two people ask me for the recipe in the last week so I guess this is a good time to type it up!

This Tortilla Roll recipe is courtesy of my mom's good friend Sheila. It's a tried and true recipe that never disappoints. Super easy and ultra yummy. Every time I've whipped up a batch of these I've been asked for the recipe, they are the best tortilla rolls I've had.

Tortilla Rolls
What You Need
8oz rectangular pkg Soft cream cheese (let it sit on the counter to warm up a bit before you try to work with it)
1 cup (ish) shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, chopped
2 tbsp parsley
3/4 cup salsa
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 pkg large tortilla shells

What You Do
Stir and cream all ingredients together (I suggest mixing the cream cheese and salsa before adding the cheese - it's easier this way)
Spread mixture on tortillas and roll (you don't want it too thick but not too thin either, after you roll one you'll have an idea of what thickness works best)
Wrap each roll in plastic wrap.
Refrigerate 2 hours or more (overnight is best).
Remove plastic wrap and slice rolls (every 1/2 inch or so).
Try not to eat too many as you cut or you'll end up with a sore belly. :)

YUM!

No comments: