December 10, 2009

Thumpity Thump Thump

photo credit: aussiegall

Tuesday was a spectacular day! We went to my doctor's office for my monthly check-up and we heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time. What an incredible experience! Once again the tears slid down my cheeks, the sound was like tasting a little slice of heaven.

Mike was super sweet, he had the biggest grin on his face. Dr. Baxter explained that the baby's heart is beating super quick, between 120 and 160 bpm at this point in time. As soon as the doctor left Mike said: "Our baby's heart beat is somewhere between house and jungle." Always the musician. Now he's hunting for a used doppler on kijiji so that we can listen to Smidge's heartbeat whenever we want and so that he can record it to use in his music - a true beat to add to the beat.

In less than a week we've seen the teeny tiny baby on the ultrasound and heard the heartbeat, now I'm looking forward to feeling the little monkey wiggling around inside my tummy! I love being preggers, so many fabulous things to experience and always more to look forward to.

No comments: