December 30, 2009

Mommy's First Purchases

I lied. I said I wasn't going to buy anything for Smidge until we find out whether Smidge is a boy or a girl and then I went into Tadpole (an awesome children's boutique uptown) and just HAD to buy a couple little bits for my Smidgie.

Sophie is the one baby toy that I have found myself setting back on the shelf time and time again for the past 4 years. I knew we wanted babies and knew that we would have a son or daughter one day no matter what it took but I also knew that buying baby goodies years before the babe is born is a dangerous path for a bargain hunter like myself.

I have now given myself permission to buy: uh oh.

Sophie is now tucked away safe and sound for baby Smidge. Isn't she sweet?


And this freaking adorable baby kimono in blue is waiting for Smidge to model it. Super cute huh? Mike's first question was "Is this for a girl or a boy?", when I told him "either" he just raised his eyebrows. hehe


I love baby stuff.

2 comments:

Kimber said...

We are on the same vibe! I bought Sophie for Jady Lady and she lurrrves it. Perfect for teething, trust me. And Jade has an olive green kimono that looked adorable on her. Excellent taste my dear!

Jaime said...

I love her skinny neck, perfect for tiny hands and she has lots of chewable bits doesn't she? :)

I thought of Jade when I saw the kimono - I remember looking at some sweet pictures of her in her green one. Too cute!